1. The concept of QA
QA (Quality Assurance) in the tester is an important part of software development. It is related to the quality of software products through testing and monitoring activities.
QA experts are often the manager and conduct testing activities to ensure that the product meets the quality requirements. QA experts will also check the development processes to ensure that the quality standards are met.
1.1. The main activities of QA (Quality Assurance) in software testing include:
-Check the correct and complete characteristics of quality requirements.
-Ensuring the quality standards applied in the whole development process.
-Create a test plan and perform test scenarios.
-Evaluate test results and make reports to make decisions on software product quality. Evaluate test results and make reports to make decisions on software product quality.
-Adjust the development processes to ensure the quality standards of the meeting.
1.2. QA mission includes:
- Design and deploy quality control process to ensure that products or services meet quality standards and requirements.
- Training and guiding employees in the process of implementing quality control process.
- Ensure that the quality control process is implemented properly and fully.
- Monitor and evaluate the process of quality control to seek improvement opportunities.
- Provide solutions to solve problems related to product quality or service.
- Ensure that products or services are prepared for inspection and ensure that the testing standards are properly established.
1.3. The skills needed for a quality tester (QA) include:
- Knowledge of software testing process: QA needs knowledge of software testing processes to ensure the test procedures are done properly.
- Analysis and test design skills: QA needs to be able to analyze and design test cases to ensure the software is fully tested.
- Programming knowledge: QA should have programming knowledge to be able to understand and read the software source code.
- Knowledge of the database: QA needs to understand the database to check the correctness of the queries and operations on the database.
- Skills to use test tools: QA needs to know how to use software testing tools to increase efficiency and save time.
- Record and reporting skills: QA needs to be able to record and report test results in detail so that developers can easily understand and fix errors.
- Communication skills: QA needs to be able to communicate well to be able to exchange and work with other members in the software development team.
- Metastic and careful spirit: QA needs to be meticulous and careful in the software testing process so as not to miss any errors.
- Perseverance and creativity: QA need to be persistent in finding errors and creativity in providing new test methods.
- Professional: QA should have a professional spirit in working with a team of development and responsibility with product quality.
2. The concept of QC
QC stands for "Quality Control", which means quality control. In the field of software testing, QC is often understood as the process of checking products or services of the company to ensure their quality meets the standards and quality requirements determined in advance.
2.1. The main activities of QC (Quality Control) in software testing include:
- Product quality inspection: QC implements test methods such as functional testing, performance testing, security check, compatible testing and product reliability to ensure that the product meets the quality and standard quality requirements.
- Assessing the reliability of the product: QC also assesses the reliability of the product, including the ability to operate properly and meet the quality requirements with a definite level.
- Consulting test: QC checks for consulting documents, such as product use, guidance for customer support staff, to ensure complete and accurate.
- Check product development process: QC can perform product development process inspection to ensure that these processes comply with the quality standards determined and make improvements for the improvements. This process.
- Quality inspection: QC Quality inspection of services provided by the company, such as customer support, to ensure complete and accurate.
- Detection and error report: QC detects and reports the errors and quality issues of the product to the relevant departments to repair and improve the product.
- Make improvements and recommendations: QC makes improvements and recommendations to improve product quality and development processes.
2.2. To become a QC (Quality Control), you need the following basic skills:
- Knowledge of software testing process: To understand the software testing process and steps in the software testing process.
- Knowledge of software testing techniques: To be able to use appropriate software testing techniques such as white box test, black box test, integrated test, system test, handicap Get and test performance.
- Planning skills and software testing organization: To be able to plan software testing, ensuring that the test steps are made according to the plan and the errors are detected and fully reported.
- Skills to analyze and solve problems: To be able to analyze errors and solve problems effectively, ensure that errors are detected and repaired promptly.
- Skills to use software testing tools: To be able to use effective software testing tools such as Selenium, Jmeter, Soapui, and many other tools.
- Communication skills: To be able to exchange information and work with other members of the testing, development and project management team.
- Logic thinking skills and details: To be able to detect and analyze software errors, identify the causes and find solutions to overcome.
- Testing and quality assurance skills: To be able to check the software quality, ensuring that the software meets the quality requirements given.