There are several steps you can take to protect a WordPress website from hacking:
- Keep your WordPress installation and all plugins and themes up to date.
- Use a strong, unique username and password for your administrator account.
- Use a security plugin, such as Wordfence or iThemes Security, to add an extra layer of protection to your website.
- Limit login attempts to prevent brute force attacks.
- Use a web application firewall (WAF) to protect against common website attacks.
- Regularly back up your website to restore it in case it gets hacked.
- Use a reliable web hosting service which have security measures on place.
- Avoid using nulled or free themes or plugins from untrusted sources.
- Be careful when installing new plugins and themes, and only download them from reputable sources.
- Use two-factor authentication (2FA) to protect your login credentials.
It's important to remember that no website is completely hack-proof, and even with these measures in place, it's still important to stay vigilant and keep an eye out for any suspicious activity on your website.
Note*: this is ChatGPT generated answer from the question: How to protect a wordpress website from hacking?